Personalize your new home with paint! #Makeyourmark
1. Paint colors can affect your mood. Cool tones invoke feelings of calm, peace and happiness. Warmer tones can provoke feelings of anger or energy.
2. In the United States, lead-based paint was banned from use in residential paints in 1978, but many other countries banned it prior to 1920.
3. The White House is white because of the original lime-based whitewash that was used to protect its porous stone surface. It gets painted every year.
4. Various paint colors can help the body heal itself. For example, red can often help depressed people regain vigor, while green has been shown to relieve stress.
5. There tends to be more shades of green than any other in commercially available paint colors because the human eye can distinguish more variations of green than of any other color.
6. The Greek philosopher Plato was the one who discovered that you can mix two different paint colors together to produce a third color.
7. Paint dries quickest when temperatures are around 70 degrees.
8. Waterproofing paint turns concrete walls into water barriers.
9. Paint can be recycled. 10.More than 1.57 billion gallons of paint are sold in the United States each year.